Thursday, July 19, 2007

Revenge is Sweet... literally

James Taylor is coming to the Colonial Theatre today.

*gasp* James Taylor?! Really? THE James Taylor? OMG-- are you serious?

Yes.

The past two weeks have been ridiculous. First I had to call the exclusive list of people who could order tickets in advance. Then I had to answer a million calls from people who were frustrated that they couldn't get through on the box office line to order tickets. Now I have to deal with James Taylor's crew and their massive amounts of large, black boxes.

For some reason, everyone thinks I'm the one who can grant permission to do things so they keep coming to me with weird questions. "Do you have a coffee table we can use?" "Is this the fax machine? Can I use said fax machine? Are you SURE it's the fax machine? What's your fax number?" "Do you have a longer couch? James is a tall man." Sorry, we don't have a longer couch, and our M & M's include the green variety. Thanks.

Today, they blocked off the conference room to turn it into the "V.I.P. Room." The conference room has a little refrigerator in it, and I put an apple in it this morning because it was the only part of my lunch that I wanted refrigerated. The guy who was setting up the room asked me if they could move the stuff from the little fridge into the big one in the catering room so we wouldn't come into the V.I.P. area. I answered with something along the lines of, "Sure, dude. I guess," assuming it wouldn't offend anyone.

Lunch time rolled around, and I went to find my apple. The catering room was overflowing with doughnuts, coffee, and all kinds of catered goodness. The fridge had no apple in it, nor did it have anything else from the small fridge in it. I wasn't about to invade the secret, super-exclusive J.T. V.I.P. clubhouse, so I decided to just get the damn thing at a later date.

But I just couldn't leave that room empty-handed. I grabbed one of those delicious-looking doughnuts and ate it on the way to the coffee shop. I'm pretty sure I was allowed to take one, and no one would notice a single missing doughnut anyway, but to me it was revenge on the J.T. lackeys. An eye for an eye, Taylor. You take apple. I take pastry. Boy, was it sweet.

No comments: